What do I love lately? So many things right now, especially now that spring/summer is making an appearance. Nothing like warmer weather and being outside to awaken the soul ;)
So let's get to the list, shallow we?
1. Summer is almost here!! This past weekend we finally hit 80 degrees and sunny…..so for us Hobokinites, it was off to Pier 13 (an outdoor beer garden on the water) for food trucks, cold beverages, and laying out in the sun. Seriously, this place is my heaven and I'm so happy its officially back open for the season.
Also what I'm loving - Bellini's in a can. Brilliant.
2. May flowers! April and May showers are finally starting to settle and all the pretty flowers are in full bloom. Love them all. Minus the pollen.
3. Day drinking. Two weekends ago was Hoboken's Arts and Music fest which happens twice a year and everyone in town looks forward to it. They basically close down the main street for cool art vendors, food stands and live music. It's a tradition for my old roommates and I to meet up at a local bar for day drinking since we used to live above said bar. Ohhhh the memories.
Either way, it's officially day drinking season!
4. Having the world at my finger tips. Every day I am so thankful for the beautiful place I live filled with great food, diverse culture, and stunning views of the best city on the planet. (Sorry I'm a little biased!) It never gets old and it will be a sad day when I move away from this happy place.
5. Frozen Yogurt. Yup, it's also the start of frozen yogurt season. Fact: I choose frozen yogurt toppings like a 5 year old. Hello, Fruity Pebbles and Cap N' Crunch. I guess I like cereal. We've gotten into a habit this past week where everyday after dinner D and I look at each other, and with unspoken words, we both know…..yup. It's time to go get that frozen goodness. It truly is the sweetest ending to a boring Monday. And the view doesn't hurt either.
6. Quinoa Fried Rice. I've been experimenting a lot with quinoa lately and I've found that I really enjoy it. I found a recipe on my pinterest, and tweaked it adding some chicken, brown rice and barley (along with the quinoa) and zucchini. And let me tell you, this recipe was BOMB! D said it tasted like the rice you get at hibachi restaurants (I'd agree) and he asked that next time I make it to double the recipe.
Recipe on the blog coming soon :)
7. Much needed girl time. When your friends turn into mommies and mommies to be, it can be really hard to find the time to get together. Especially when we live in different states. I'm so glad I got to hang out with these ladies for a nice lunch at the OG (Olive Garden haha) and making a pact to get together monthly. Love my girls!
8. On Wednesdays we wear pink. Apparently last week was the 10 year anniversary of the movie Mean Girls. Oh how I love this movie and wowww, can I say I'm feeling crazy old!! So fitting for me being a counselor in a middle school. #meangirls #middleschoolproblems #wewearpinkonwednesdays #sofetch #yougoglencoco
Well that's all for my love lately list.
What have you been loving lately?