8.19.2013

Adventures in Chi-town | Part Deux

Finally getting around to showing you part two of my Chicago trip. Which involved more good food, more sightseeing and......segways. Yup, kinda like Paul Blart the mall cop. Read on!
started the day with the most delish breakfast sandwich and fruit cup.
Note: D has a thing with fruit cups, being that he always wants one, always orders one, and it ends up being the out of season cantaloupe and honeydew. We have this whole joke that we don't have time to waste on those cheap melon fruits. But alas, we lucked out with the "good fruit" -- strawberries, blueberries and pineapple.
Out hotel @ the Club Quarters. The room was pretty basic (we joked that it was like a college dorm room) but this place was good to us, and they even gave out complimentary bottles of water, which doesn't sound like much, but at a vending machine at $2 a pop, it adds up. Plus you want to stay hydrated during all your sightseeing.
and then this happened. Yes, we rented segways for a city tour. And let me tell you ....they are the dorkiest things but the MOST AWESOME things ever. I always made fun of people who rode them around (mall cops and security guards in particular) but they are so much fun and pick up pretty decent speed. You do have to get a bit of a lesson from an instructor before zipping around town, but it wasn't too difficult to pick up. 
D getting a brief lesson from our instructor/tour guide.
someone is excited!
I should probably be paying attention.
D, you look so tough in that helmet and construction worker vest! ; )
Look at me go! D was taking pics and filming this on his ipad while we were going down a small hill and I couldn't help but hum the tune of the wicked witch on her bicycle.
nah nut nah nut na na naahh
nah nut nah nut na na naahh
does that even make sense?

Tiffany & Co garden.
art museum.
this pic just cracks me up!
and this fountain behind us is the one from the theme song/beginning of the show "Married With Children" which I wasn't really allowed to watch (thanks a lot mom and dad!) but snuck to watch anyway!
"love and marriage.....love and marriage"
there were so many pretty gardens and fountains on the tour.
then we stopped off and took pictures of "the bean"
gotta get a good selfie in the bean.
nerds we are.
then we saw this happen.
my big fat gypsy wedding??
admired more flowers.
saw giant heads with flowers in them.
and took pictures with giant said head.
and the food, like I mentioned was BOMB. This was an appetizer of bruschetta. An appetizer?! 
This thing was a meal in itself and I enjoyed every last bite of it!
After having Chicago deep dish, I decided to go for something lighter this time around and went for prosciutto and arugula thin crust pizza. Omg -- it was seriously amazing, and now is on my to-do list of things I need to recreate at home. Blog tutorial coming soon!

So that was our trip in a nutshell. Overall I think Chicago is an amazing city, and the only thing I regret is not having enough time to see everything. So until we meet again Chicago - Chao!

xo Steph

Also linking up with Still Being Molly


21 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and your trip to Chicago looks like so much fun. That's one of my favorite cities. I love the food and you're so right how it's important to stay hydrated. The segway pics were so cute too. Thanks for sharing your vacay pics

    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of that food looks so good. We should make our own pizza in LBI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that's awesome that your rented segways! And all the food looks so yummy!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    JCrew Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that segway tour looks awesome!! I've never been on one but it looks pretty fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your trip looks amazing! I've never been to Chicago but those pictures (especially of the food) are making me want to take a trip! Can't wait for the tutorial for that pizza, I'm always up for a lighter-pizza recipe! (:

    Zauni | The Kind Side

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the segway pictures! And I'll definitely be saving this post for the next time we visit Chicago!
    xx lexi @ glitter, inc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks AMAZING! I totally love Chicago, it's such a fun city!


    P.S. I'm giving away 5 sponsor spots this week on my blog and I'd love for you to come and enter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are awesome pics. You all look like you are having so much fun! Plus that breakfast... OMG YUM!!!

    www.ipinkiloveyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Segways are so fun once you get the hang of them! And that wedding picture...interesting lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh looooove that you guys did a segway tour, too funny!!

    Kristina does the Internets

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the vacation recap - and I think I look good in my helmet and vest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Chicago! I would totally live there if it didn't cost an arm & a leg! Great post:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like loads of fun! And so much yummy looking food
    !

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never been on a Segway before - they look super-fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Segways are awesome and so funny!! You both look goofy-- but heck, everyone does!! Glad you had fun in Chicago!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm about to do a segway tour next month! Looks like you had a blast!

    Colour Me Classic

    ReplyDelete
  17. love chi town! looks like you had an amazing time!

    http://oyouclassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you had such a great time. And I love the focus on your face on the segway!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks so fun :D

    Followed you on bloglovin, follow me back? :) closetsnaps.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. I did a Segway tour when I went to Chicago a few years ago, so fun! I totally get the Wicked Witch theme song, hilarious!! And I love your sneakers, the orange color is awesome.

    -AJ
    FitTravelerAJ.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. All of these photos are looking gorgeous . A lot of thanks for shared .

    ReplyDelete

I love getting and reading all your comments and respond to most of them when I can. Love hearing from you all! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...