3.15.2012

St. Patty's Day Favs

St. Patricks day has been one of my favorite holidays ever since I was a kid. I'm not sure if its the whole "wearing everything green," being part Irish, or the indulgence in adult beverages that makes it exciting but its always highly anticipated every year! I wanted to share a few of my favorite Irish finds...

If I had planned ahead better, I would of loved to have hosted a St. Patrick's day brunch or lunch since it falls on a Saturday this year. Maybe I'll get around to it next year, but this was my inspiration for it.
1. Fresh homemade fish and chips -YUM
2. Some type of green themed cocktail. Since I can't think of many green liquors, I might just add a drop of green food coloring to a vodka tonic : )
3. Yummy Irish cupcakes. I'd love to try this recipe for Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes
4. Vino! Red & White
5. Pretty centerpieces adorned with four leaf clovers

Love this "Kiss Me" decorations. Subtle and not too "in your face" like other decorations can get.

A Shamrock Shake from McDonalds. Judge this fast food favorite all you want, but I'm not afraid to admit I look forward to these thick, minty shakes every year. I'll be sure pick one of these up on saturday!


For those who are interested, I found a copycat recipe here.


McDonald's Shamrock Shake Copycat Recipe 






(makes 1 giant shake, or 2 generously sized shakes) 

Ingredients: 
3 cups good quality vanilla ice cream 
1 3/4 cups 1% milk 
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract 
Green food coloring, if desired 

Directions: 
Blend all ingredients in a blender until completely thick and smooth. Pour into glasses and serve!
Crumbs seriously has the best cupcakes in my opinion. I almost died when I saw this mini cupcake platter all ready to go for St. Pattys!
Tory Burch Green Suede Flats. How cute are these??


How do you feel about celebrating St. Patrick's Day and showing off your green? Love it or leave it?
How do you show your Irish (or not Irish) pride?

-Pretty Little Things

3 comments:

  1. Fun post...I will be wearing green on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post, I've never had the Shamrock shake but I'm going to go for it tomorrow in green of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must try the Shamrock Shake - it's the best!

      -Pretty Little Things

      Delete

I love getting and reading all your comments and respond to most of them when I can. Love hearing from you all! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...