3.16.2012

Dinner with Friends.

Last nights happy hour drinks turned into an impromptu dinner with friends. We tried three different restaurants, all of which had hour long waits! It was already 9pm and we were starving too much to bare the thought of waiting so long. As we kept walking we spotted this little "hole in the wall" looking place called Alexandra located at 455 Hudson St. New York, NY.
Here are a few pictures from inside I found online. Love the exposed brick walls!



The best part was the food was fantastic! I ordered the Diver Scallops over Lemon Arugula Risotto which if you like scallops, were so tender and delicious. And the lemon risotto was creamy and so yummy! I definitely recommend this dish! D got the Roasted Organic Chicken with Mushrooms, Shallots, Red Potatoes & Spring Vegetables which he really enjoyed. I ate all his mushrooms too! Our friends Amy and Jose both ordered the Paella with Market Fish, Shrimp, Mussels, Clams, Calamari, Chorizo & Saffron Rice and both said it was the best Paella they have ever eaten. And coming from Jose who is Columbian and makes Paella all the time, I'm thinking it was pretty damn good!

Overall we had a great night and I highly suggest checking out Alexandra Restaurant if you are in the New York City area. The food service might be slow, but its because the quality is there. Plus it give you a chance to share some drinks with friends : ) 
Cheers!
Does anyone have any favorite spots in NYC that are "off the beaten path" that they found by mistake?


-Pretty Little Things

4 comments:

  1. love your blog - the layout is beautiful! Can't wait to see more!
    XOXO New Follower

    Sarah
    sarahsavvystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for becoming a follower Sarah! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! I'm loving yours, and am a new follower. :) You are so upbeat and feature the greatest finds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great food and good friends (and my love) - thats though to top.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting and reading all your comments and respond to most of them when I can. Love hearing from you all! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...